We are delighted to welcome you for either a traditional wedding service, a service of thanksgiving and blessing if you are getting or have got married elsewhere or a thanksgiving service on a particular anniversary.
Initially please contact the Rector, Liz and she will arrange to meet you to discuss your plans.
Can we get married at one of the Benefice churches?
You can normally get married in one of our churches if you can show that one of you
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- was baptised (christened) in the parish, or
- is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in our register of confirmations or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in our church for a period of at least 6 months
or that one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
or that one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish.
If you don’t have any connections to the parish at present you can come regularly for six months (one of you at least once a month) and then you will qualify by being a member of the congregation. More Information
One of us has been divorced. Can we still get married?
Jesus taught that God’s ideal is for life-long marriage, but the Church of England recognises that, sadly, some marriages do break down irretrievably and offers marriage in church after divorce, within certain guidelines. The clergy in the Benefice are willing to conduct weddings allowed by the guidelines. Please click here for an information form and contact Liz to discuss this further.
We are getting married in another church
If you are getting married at another church and live in one of our parishes you will need to have your banns read here. Please ring Liz on 01603 784150 or email email@example.com to arrange this.
You may also wish to look at the Church of England website for general information about weddings.